Mombasa, Kenya 2011
The First Global Conference on Clinical Social Franchising took place on November 9-11, 2011 in Mombasa, Kenya. 165 people from 52 franchise programs in 35 countries, as well as representatives from 7 country governments, 8 donor agencies and a handful of NGOs and academics convened to exchange practical insights on how to integrate new services, measure performance, and improve key practices.
The event was hosted by the Global Health Group of the University of California, San Francisco. Major funding and other support was provided by the Rockefeller Foundation, Glaser Progress Foundation, Marie Stopes International, Population Services International, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Joffe Charitable Trust, United States Agency for International Development, and the research arm of the World Health Organization's Department of Reproductive Health and Research - HRP.
Download the Social Franchising Conference report, program, or evaluations.
Scroll down to download the session presentations.
Panel 1 - History, Context and Opportunities
- A Tipping Point for Private Care - Dominic Montagu
- SF and Health Systems, Friends or Foes - Khama Rogo
- Where to Next - Karl Hofmann
Panel 2 - Managing Scale
- A Sustainable system - Joe Spiecher
- Managing at Scale, Operational Elements - Rehana Ahmed
- Managing Scale - Prachi Shuckla
Panel 3 - The Sustainable Impact of Social Franchising
- Impact of SF on Sustainability - Marguerite Farrell
- Intro to Sustainability - Guy Stallworthy
- Lessons Learned, Challenges - RedPlan Salud - Daniel Aspilcueta
- The Quest for Sustainability - Juan Carlos Negrette
Franchise Lightening and Contest Presentations
- List of lightening presenters
- Franchise Presentations - Session 1
- Franchise Presentations - Session 2
- Franchise Presentations - Session 3
- Franchise Presentations - Session 4
- Quality Tools - Safe Care
- Quality Tools - Profam Uganda
- Positively Influencing Provider Behavior - Julie McBride
- Quality Monitoring Tools Report
- Quality Tool – Smiling Sun Bangladesh
- SMS for Social Franchising